COVID 19 News and Updates
Where Can I get tested for COVID-19?
May 21, 2020
New locations to test are being established throughout the valley. You can find information below. Be sure to find out days and times they are open and if an appointment is needed before heading down.
- UNLV- Tropicana Ave parking garage located next to the Thomas & Mack Center- beginning May 27, 2020 (all ages)
- UNLV – 1125 Shadow Lane Entrance
- Walmart Parking Lot– 10440 W. Cheyenne Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89129
- Walmart Parking Lot– 807 W. Craig Road, North Las Vegas, NV 89032
- Walmart Parking Lot- 3950 W. Lake Mead Blvd., North Las Vegas
- Walmart Parking Lot- 3041 N. Rainbow Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89108
- Walmart Parking Lot- 7200 Arroyo Crossing Pkwy., Las Vegas, NV
- Walmart Parking Lot- 2310 E. Serene Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89123
- UMC Testing Registration
May 12, 2020
Now that Phase 1 of opening the city is here, we are able to open up our schedule beginning next week. We will begin seeing patients 5 years and older for routine well checks. All parents will need to wear a mask during the appointment and children 2 years and older are strongly encouraged to wear a mask as well. Screening for fever and COVID-19 exposure questions will still be done at our front door for safety protocol. Give us a call if you have any questions at all. We look forward to seeing you!
April 16, 2020
One of the easiest ways to help prevent the spread of germs and COVID 19 is by hand washing. Here are some helpful tips about the best way to keep your hands clean.
How are we keeping patients safe in our office?
I know everyone is inundated with information these days, so I wanted to provide a quick update on how we’ve prepared the offices for patients during this crisis.
- We have complete separation between well and sick patients at the office. They come in separate entrances, and see separate providers. They do not cross paths.
- We screen families by phone, Telehealth and at the front door prior to being seen. If by some chance there seems to be a family with a high risk exposure to Covid-19, they are referred to a testing center and are not seen in the office. Our staff is also screened daily.
- We have eliminated the waiting room and patients are brought back directly into exam rooms. The check out process is also completed in the exam rooms so that once finished, the family can exit the way they came in. No need to stop at check out to schedule your next appointment.
- We now have our Telehealth platform for virtual office visits open during 9-5 M-F and on weekends from 9-12 for your convenience. See one of our providers from the comfort of your home via secure video chat. To schedule just call the office main number.
What about Well Checks and vaccinations?
I know that it seems a bit counter intuitive but currently the American Academy of Pediatrics still recommends keeping your child on their routine vaccine schedule during these times. This is to prevent a mass wave of non vaccinated infants and children, as a result of this pandemic, which in turn can lead to additional outbreaks of vaccine preventable diseases as we come out of this.
I hope that this has been helpful and informative for you. Please remember, that if you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you and best of health to all of our families.