COVID 19 News and Updates
Where Can I get tested for COVID-19?
Updated: November 17, 2020
Testing sites may change hours or days they are available, so please call or check the SNHD calendar first. If you feel you have been exposed, you must quarantine for two weeks or until you can get tested, we are not testing in office. If your child is sick and you think they may have COVID, we can see them via telehealth. Give us a call for details.
- UNLV- Tropicana Ave parking garage located next to the Thomas & Mack Center- (all ages)
- Drive Up-Texas Station Parking Garage 2101 Texas Star Ln, North Las Vegas, NV 89032
- UMC– COVID Testing Registration
- Cashman Center- 850 N. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89101
- CVS Minute Clinics – information and locations
- Southern Nevada Health District- Testing Site Calendar
Why do I have to be seen via telehealth?
Certain symptoms such as fever, rash, cough, sore throat and diarrhea are common symptoms of COVID-19 which will have to been see via telehealth to prevent bringing a potentially COVID positive patient into the office. Remember, we are still seeing newborns and children for Well Checks and want to keep them, as well as our staff, safe. If parents are not feeling well on the day of your child’s well check appointment or plan on being tested for COVID-19, we ask that you reschedule your appointment until after you are feeling well or test negative. We are in this together so we all have to pitch in to help keep each other safe!
By following these guidelines, we can make sure we are all healthy and ready to provide care to your families and Wee little ones.
How are we keeping patients safe in our office?
Each employee is screened upon arriving and temperature/symptom checks are done daily. Routine COVID testing is done if any employee shows an elevated temperature and is immediately sent home. Guidelines for returning.
- We have complete separation between well and sick patients at the office. Well and sick visits come in separate entrances, and see separate providers. They do not cross paths.
- We screen families by phone, Telehealth and at the front door prior to being seen. If by some chance there seems to be a family with a high risk exposure to Covid-19, they are referred to a testing center and are not seen in the office. Our staff is also screened daily.
- We have reduced use of the waiting room and patients are brought back directly into exam room when possible. We only use the waiting room for well child appointments. Any illness related visits will be brought directly into an exam room.
- We now offer Telehealth virtual visits Monday through Friday from 9-5 for your convenience. See one of our providers from the comfort of your home via secure video chat. To schedule just call the office main number.
What about Well Checks and vaccinations?
I know that it seems a bit counter intuitive but currently the American Academy of Pediatrics still recommends keeping your child on their routine vaccine schedule during these times. This is to prevent a mass wave of non vaccinated infants and children, as a result of this pandemic, which in turn can lead to additional outbreaks of vaccine preventable diseases as we come out of this.
I hope that this has been helpful and informative for you. Please remember, that if you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you and best of health to all of our families.