COVID 19 News and Updates
Where Can I get tested for COVID-19?
Updated: August 25th, 2021
We are NOT testing for COVID-19 in our office. Due to the shortage of supplies in the Valley, testing swabs are limited so we will not be offering in office testing. Please check the calendar below to find testing sites and times near you.
- Southern Nevada Health District- Testing Site Calendar
- UNLV-Stan Fulton Building 801 E. Flamingo Rd., Las Vegas, NV 89119
- UMC– COVID Testing Registration
If you have been exposed, check here for quarantine guidelines. If your child is sick and you think they may have COVID, we can see them via telehealth or they can be see at our urgent care, Over The Rainbow Pediatric Urgent Care. We ask that our parents understand our protocols are in place to keep everyone as safe as possible so we can continue to provide care to our families during these trying times.
When can my child get the COVID-19 vaccination?
September 10th, 2021
The COVID-19 Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine has now been approved for children 12-15 years and older as of May 10, 2021. Currently, we do not have the COVID-19 vaccine available but are working on making it available in our office very soon. For now, we are recommending vaccination sites through the Southern Nevada Health District. We have provided links below to find locations.
When making an appointment at vaccination sites, you must make sure it is the Pfizer-BioTech vaccine. This is the only COVID-19 vaccine approved for children 12-17 years of age.
- Southern Nevada Health District COVID-19 News Release
- Southern Nevada Health District COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccine for Adolescents and Teens
Why do I have to be seen via telehealth?
We have made Telehealth available to prevent bringing a potentially COVID positive patient into the office. Remember, we are still seeing newborns and children for Well Checks and want to keep them, as well as our staff, safe. If any member of your household has COVID-19, we cannot bring your child into the office. Please let us know and we can schedule a Telehealth appointment. We ask that you reschedule your appointment until after you are feeling well or have quarantined for at least 10-14 days . We are in this together so we all have to pitch in to help keep each other safe!
By following these guidelines, we can make sure we are all healthy and ready to provide care to your families and Wee little ones.
How are we keeping patients safe in our office?
Each employee is screened upon arriving and temperature/symptom checks are done daily. Routine COVID testing is done if any employee shows an elevated temperature and is immediately sent home. Guidelines for returning. Masks are still required in the medical office setting.
- We have complete separation between well and sick patients at the office. Our sick patients use a separate entrance and are taken directly into an exam room and our well checks use the front entrance.
- We screen families by phone and at the front door prior to being seen. If by some chance there seems to be a family with a high risk exposure to Covid-19, they are referred to a testing center and are not seen in the office. Our staff is also screened daily and many are already vaccinated for COVID-19.
- We have reduced use of the waiting room , we only use the waiting room for well child appointments. Any illness related visits will be brought directly into an exam room.
- Hourly cleaning is done throughout the entire office so you can rest assured we are taking all measures to keep you safe.