COVID 19 News and Updates
We now offer the COVID-19 vaccine for children 5-11 years of age
November 12th, 2021
We are happy to announce that we are now offering the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for children 5-11 years of age. We are holding COVID-19 vaccine clinics each Friday to start. The Pfizer vaccine is a two dose series given 21 days apart. Give us a call to schedule your appointment or if you have any questions at all.
For children 12-15 years of age, you can contact the Southern Nevada Health District for locations that are offering the vaccine for this age group. When making an appointment at vaccination sites, you must make sure it is the Pfizer-BioTech vaccine. This is the only COVID-19 vaccine approved for children 12-15 years of age.
- Southern Nevada Health District COVID-19 News Release
- Southern Nevada Health District COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccine for Adolescents and Teens
Where Can I get tested for COVID-19?
Updated: November 15th, 2021
Due to the shortage of supplies in the Valley, testing swabs are limited so we will not be offering in office testing. Please check the calendar below to find testing sites and times near you.
- Southern Nevada Health District- Testing Site Calendar
- UNLV-Stan Fulton Building 801 E. Flamingo Rd., Las Vegas, NV 89119
- UMC– COVID Testing Registration
If you have been exposed, check here for quarantine guidelines. If your child is sick and you think they may have COVID, we can see them via telehealth or they can be see at our urgent care, Over The Rainbow Pediatric Urgent Care. We ask that our parents understand our protocols are in place to keep everyone as safe as possible so we can continue to provide care to our families during these trying times.
How are we keeping patients safe in our office?
Each employee is screened upon arriving and temperature/symptom checks are done daily. Routine COVID testing is done if any employee shows an elevated temperature and is immediately sent home. Guidelines for returning. Masks are still required in the medical office setting.
- We have complete separation between well and sick patients at the office. Our sick patients use a separate entrance and are taken directly into an exam room and our well checks use the front entrance.
- We screen families by phone and at the front door prior to being seen. If by some chance there seems to be a family with a high risk exposure to Covid-19, they are referred to a testing center and are not seen in the office. Our staff is also screened daily and many are already vaccinated for COVID-19.
- We have reduced use of the waiting room , we only use the waiting room for well child appointments. Any illness related visits will be brought directly into an exam room.
- Hourly cleaning is done throughout the entire office so you can rest assured we are taking all measures to keep you safe.